Twitter is bae. With twitter you can reach thousands of people with content about your brand that can potentially get you more eyeballs or a follower or two giving your brand the word o mouth growth it requires. It is a simple way to spread great information about your brand.
What are the rules or the steps to follow to gather 50,000 followers on Twitter? Are you new or Twitter? Or are you an oldie who was not active on twitter?
47% of people who follow brands are more likely t
72% of followers are more likely to make a future purchase.
85% of Twitter users feel more connected to a Social Media Brand after they begin following them.
Why you want more followers?:
You want more people to interact with your brand, and more people will see your tweet.
You will have more people seeing your brand and clicking through to the website
• Sign ups
You will have more sign ups for your weekly or monthly newsletter.
Your sales funnel will become larger and increase the possibility of making sales.
• Word of mouth
You will have more people talking about your brand on the social media space.
How Do We Get More Followers?
• Get a logo specifically 400 X 400 in dimensions pixels (Use Paint to measure the picture).
• Use keywords relevant to your brand in your bio so you can appear in the Twitter search
• Include a cover image that shows off what you do, specifically 1500 X 500 in dimensions
• Pin an eye-catching tweet to the top of your stream so that when people visit they will be entranced enough to follow your brand.
Optimize Your Tweets. How Do You Do This?
• Tweet often.
No bursts except it is a tweet chat or twitter marathon (I use Hootsuite). Use hashtags to categorize your tweets so they show up in twitter search, help build followers and increase retweets. It also helps you to find a past tweet. For example, if you search #BDPoll it brings up the list of BD Polls that have been done in all the history of Twitter.
• Use images to increase tweet visibility and engagements. The dimensions of the pictures should be 876 X 438
Images in your tweets are sometimes the difference between having 400 impressions and 10,000 impressions. Use images or videos in your tweet as often as possible.
• Use url shorteners to shorten your link and check the results.
Shorten your link so your tweet can appear as attractive as possible.
Share Good Content.
• Start a blog in your niche market
Write content that shows what your company does. Write fortnightly or every week.
• Curate content from other blogs
Stick to content in your niche market.
• Tweet motivational or inspirational quotes
Stick to inspiration or motivation that your target market will find encouraging or relevant. Always tailor content to suit your niche market.
Optimise Your Website And Other Marketing Tools
• Add share buttons to your website and your blog and include your twitter handle
• Include a link to your twitter handle on all outgoing mail, make it easy for people to find you.
• Ask people to follow you on other social media channels, show them what they would benefit
• Use tools to follow brands in your niche or brands you can offer a service for or that need your services
• Monitor twitter from mentions of your brand name, someone could be spread false information about your brand.
• Start conversation by replying to mentions
• Be gracious, thank people who share your post
• Be polite, engage with influencers with something for them to gain and something for you to gain too
Keep your focus on things/facts that influence your followers except you don’t want retweets
Don’t buy fake followers; they will never add value to your business, however tempting it may look to have false statistics to your advertisers.
Use only one or two hash tags, too many make you look spammy and may get your tweet ignored.
Don’t forget to tag brands and people you mention, you may get a like, a retweet to their millions of followers and a reply so you know your brand caught their attention.
LATEST ON TWITTER CHANGES:
Other articles on how Twitter is making changes globally. Follow me at @imagineitincNG